Friday, May 21, 2010

Narrative 5


When my mom first told me I was moving I couldn’t even think about leaving my friends behind. I had a lot of good friends in my town and did not want to start over. We lived in the city and were moving to a sub-urban area. My mom told me that we were moving into a neighborhood with a bunch of kids my age and that it would be a great adventure. I didn’t see it as an adventure at all I was not looking forward to this new beginning.
I said goodbye to my friends at the end of the school year. I felt like I was just saying goodbye until the start of next year like everyone else but I was saying goodbye forever. When I got home the moving truck was there ready to be packed up for our moving trip tomorrow. After dinner we started to pack up the truck I was sad to know that it was my last night at my home.
My mom woke me up early to tell me to get dressed and to put my last few things in the truck. I threw on my clothes I left out and put my pajamas in the truck. After breakfast we were on our way.
The neighborhood was big with about five different streets in it. As we were heading to our house there were kids running outside everywhere celebrating the first day of summer vacation. We pulled up to a yellow house that was going to be our new home. It didn’t feel right our old house was blue but my mom told me that I would get used to it in no time. My brother and I helped bring all the light things into the house.
The next day came quick I woke up to the sound of the doorbell. I wondered who could be at the door since we did not know anyone in town. I walked downstairs to answer it but by the time I got down there my mom had already let the lady and her daughter in. My mom and the lady talked for a while. The lady said that her daughter was going into 6th grade like me and that her name was Lucy. The lady said how the children go outside during the day and play games with each other. She said that I should go out later and met some of the kids. My mom thought this was a great idea so they exchanged house numbers.
After eating lunch I heard kids outside. I looked outside to see if I saw Lucy. I looked for a girl wearing a green shirt. I saw her playing four square with other kids. I remember playing that at recess one day at my old school, it was a fun game. The phone rang and it was the lady that had came over earlier. She said that all of the kids were outside and that I should go outside. My mom told me that she would walk me outside, but I told her not to because it would be embarrassing. So I walked outside by myself and sat on a curb near all of the kids that were playing.
They were friendly some were saying hi others were whispering to their friends wondering who I was. Once Lucy got out of four square she might have realized I was sitting there because she came over and sat next to me. She turned to me and said wanna play? I told her I was too good and I’ve only played once before. She said alright. I didn’t know what to say to her, but she seemed to know what to say. She told me about the neighborhood, the kids in the neighborhood, her school, her new pet puppy she got the other day; she was nice I liked her. I even talked about me about my old town and everything. She told me that I will love this town.
We talked for what seemed forever. I could tell that we were going to be great friends. Maybe this will be a great adventure after all.

1 comment: